Viper Squad - Battlefield 3 (XBOX)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Developing map-specific strategies?

3 posters

Go down

Developing map-specific strategies? Empty Developing map-specific strategies?

Post  Guest Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:01 am

I feel like since the maps are completely different, there should be certain strategies meant specifically for said levels. Maybe they could be talked about?

Back to top Go down

Developing map-specific strategies? Empty Re: Developing map-specific strategies?

Post  MATHIS19870 Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:03 am

This is a great suggestion!! lets all get together and talk about this
MATHIS19870
MATHIS19870
Gen.
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Developing map-specific strategies? Empty Re: Developing map-specific strategies?

Post  Guest Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:28 am

I love developing strategies and tactics for situations.

Take Operation Metro for instance...

Playing on the U.S., I figure that something key would be like this.

-4-man squad (obviously)
-1 Support for ammo and Claymores
-1 Recon for Spawn beacon and MAV
-2 Assault for Heal and Revive (One goes down, the other can revive and vice-versa.)

Weaponry: 1 or 2 Shotguns and SMGs are a must since you are in tight quarters mostly.

Necessary Specialization(s): Squad Sprint

Idea: Basically, you know some teammates are going to take A. Since Squad Sprint is available, the squad using this 4-man strategy should just blaze past A and head straight for B in an effort to make a pre-emptive capture before Russian forces arrive. Other teammates can take A while we hold B for as long as possible until the rest of the team shows up.

The locker room behind the ATM machines on the right needs attention.

My support weapon set for this is 870MCS with holographic sight, Tac Light, and Frag rounds, M9 Tact., Claymores and Squad sprint. If someone is already using squad sprint, I go either solo Suppression Spec. or Squad Ammo.

Back to top Go down

Post  MATHIS19870 Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:45 am

i somewhat agree.... As for classes i prefer my team to have 2 assault 2 support in metro. no need for engineer because there are no vehicles or recon since its a close quarters map. As for tactics, not sure what team it is but once you get to the ticket station ( objective B) i will lay down and face the escalators with my medic behind the wall. As the enemy comes up the escalator its easy points, if i go down i get revived. when taking (Objective C) support (Me) hangs back and lays down suppression fire towards enemy HQ while assault takes the objective
MATHIS19870
MATHIS19870
Gen.
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:11 am

The only time I really consider the engineer acceptable is when the enemy starts using ordnance. (Explosives)

Once the enemy starts spamming USAS with Frags, Famas, RPG/SMAW and/or M320s, then it's best to fight fire with fire. If you've got the same stuff they've got along these lines and they're using the stuff, that's pretty much them putting up the red flag, saying "Herp Derp, we can't shoot straight so we're gonna jerk around with cheap explosive devices. Herpity Derp."

If you're playing on the Russian side though,

Support might have more use with the mortar if there are plans to defend the cafe. If the enemy is inside buildings, then it gets difficult because they have a full view of the deployment and can just spam snipers and MGs.

If you're going inside, as support, go with the M249 or some other LMG with the bipod and set up in the corner office on the left that has a clear view all the way down the locker room behind the ATM machines. Make sure to get rid of the knocked over potted plant first or it will block your prone view. A well-placed grenade should handle it. Of course, there will be some teammates and/or squad members heading through there as well. Pay no real mind to them until they start firing in there. That's your signal to get ready in case the teammates get killed in that room. Mow them down when you see them. Some teammates and/or squad members should keep a watch on both sides of the ticket booth and guard from the ticket gates as well to hold B. The ticket counter also serves as a decent setup spot for an LMG to watch past the ticket gates and keep an eye on the escalators between the gates and B.

Back to top Go down

Post  nubiangold Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:54 pm

That's very interesting strategies Duke. This is valuable information for Team Leaders who are building up leadership experience.
nubiangold
nubiangold
Chief Warrant Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:28 pm

I may not be a Team Leader, but I do make one hell of a cunning strategist/tactician. I used to plan squad patterns out with a paintball team. We dominated in indoor combat because we used the things that not many teams used indoors...paint pistols and paint grenades. In indoor combat, a sidearm has the advantage over a two-handed weapon like a regular paintball gun designed like an assault rifle or sniper rifle. You don't need to hold the pistol with two hands nor do you have to fully extend the arm and aim to get a hit in.

Back to top Go down

Post  timekiller92 Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:59 pm

i would love to be in this discussion, i used to be on an airsoft team myself and we dominated the outdoor fields and i was a squad leader consisting of 10 people. we could all get together one day, and just plan this stuff out. talk about what we would do, and pull up visuals on laptops, then basically figure out what we all think would be best. obviously team/squad leads and platoon leaders would be involved. we could discuss over xbox live, either in a party or in a game we all share that supports large number of players in a party and share visuals in a chat room.

and when were done (obviously all of us would be taking notes or something along those lines) we could elect one person to draw up the strategies on maps of the game/objectives and then post them on the forums.
timekiller92
timekiller92
PFC.
Marine

Back to top Go down

Post  MATHIS19870 Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:31 pm

that is an awesome idea and i think we need to talk about it more
MATHIS19870
MATHIS19870
Gen.
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum